ave you ever wondered how some people are able to cope with difficult circumstances? It seems that they have suffered in life, but somehow they appear to be well and even more focused than you are.Wouldn’t it be great if we could all deal with difficult situations in this way? Well, we can. It’s all about attitude and mindset – something we all have control over. Below, I have listed 10 habits of highly resilient people that we can all learn to adopt.
- They do not criticize themselves : Resilient people don’t waste time blaming themselves. They realize that there is no value in that. It is best to learn from your mistakes and focus on what you can control. They know that their interest is best served by moving forward.
- They ask for help : Humans are social creatures and, if we are to evolve in life, we need to have a support system. That is why resilient people are not afraid to seek help when they need it. Fear and loneliness make life more difficult. Resilient people realize this and strive to help others so that they can get help when they need it.
- They are able to live with discomfort : Resilient people realize that not everything in life will be comfortable all the time. They are able to tolerate discomfort because they realize that the universe is constantly changing. If they are experiencing a negative emotion, they know that this will soon change. If you are experiencing something positive, take advantage of the moment, as you know it will not last forever.
- They accept negative emotions : Resilient people know that when we ignore and deny negative emotions, they only get stronger. They realize that embracing our darkest emotions allows us to accept them, instead of running away from them. And through acceptance, these emotions become weaker. negative emotions are also excellent teachers about what we are experiencing in life. Feelings like disappointment, shame, irritation, resentment, anger, jealousy and fear, instead of being bad, are actually very clear moments that teach us where we are holding on. They teach us to cheer up and follow when we want to get in collapse and retreat. They are like messengers who show us, with terrible clarity, exactly where we are trapped. This moment is the perfect teacher and, luckily for us, he is with us wherever we are. “
- They don’t care about perfection : Resilient people know that always seeking perfection is a safe way to do nothing. It is also a definite way to experience failure. No matter how hard you try, you will never reach perfection. When you are learning, you will not get there immediately and, when you are a professional, you will realize how much more there is to learn. A better strategy is to always try your best and not worry about perfection.
- They know that thinking too much is a huge cause of unhappiness : Thinking too much about a situation does nothing but make it worse. It is tiring to stay awake and think about every detail of a difficult situation. Resilient people take the time to focus on what matters. They get distracted and let your mind relax. They hit the reset button in their mind.
- They live in the moment : A resilient person realizes that the past does not exist, the future has not arrived, and the only thing that really matters is the present moment. Every moment has something to be grateful for, and you will be much happier if you strive to find it. They also believe that the present moment is where the future is created. If you work hard and stick to your priorities, your future will be incredibly grateful.
- They avoid toxic people : Gossip about others because it’s good? Please! Resilient people hate this type of negative energy. They know that toxic people are soul-sucking vampires, and there’s no reason not to speak ill of you behind your back. They prefer to talk about meaningful topics, such as, what is their purpose in life and what can we really do now to improve our future.
- They are not afraid to be alone : The best relationships are those that allow you to grow and be free. A resilient person knows that unhealthy attachments are thwarted by danger. You don’t have to depend on someone to make you happy. You need to be happy with yourself first. That is why resilient people are not afraid to be alone. They will be happy anyway. But if you can increase your happiness, then go ahead. But if you are bringing toxic energy, then you need to get out of the way of a resilient person.
- They know they will never win a battle against themselves : Your mind and thoughts will always be with you. They are always there, no matter what you do or say. When you push yourself beyond your limits, you are putting pressure on your mind to work beyond your means.
But eventually you will run out of energy… so what? You will come across the fact that, from time to time, it is okay to rest. Don’t think about the things you should be doing or everything that needs to be done. Put yourself first and let yourself live in the present.
Author is a regular columnist of Good Morning Kashmir. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org