he Govt of J&K has constituted a Crisis Management Group (CMG) to monitor the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation and take preventive, control and mitigating measures.
The 5 member CMG will consist of the Chief Secretary as Chairman, and FC (Finance), FC (Health), PS (Home) and PS (PWD). The PS to LG will be a special invitee. It will interact with other officers and medical specialists as necessary.
The CMG will meet daily, and more often if necessary, to
- Review the rapidly evolving COVID-19 in terms of cases, testing rates, positivity, mortality, recovery, hospital occupancy and other parameters.
- Review the Oxygen and medicine requirement and availability at all health institutions.
- Take immediate measures for preventing the spread, control the infection and manage the availability of resources.
- Monitor the vaccine rollout and fine tune vaccination strategies to ensure speedy and complete coverage at the earliest.
- Take other steps with the overall goal of controlling the spread of the disease.