two-year-old baby died on Thursday after he accidentally swallowed a small-sized electronic cell used in watches at his home at Waterwani area of Central Kashmir’s Budgam.
The child’s relatives alleged that he was denied treatment and no ambulance was offered to them by hospital authorities, adding that they lost their son because of negligence by the hospital.
“We were referred from district hospital Budgam to JVC from where we were directed to shift the kid to SMHS Hospital. At SMHS Hospital after waiting for over three hours before he was treated, we were told that he was dead,” a relative said. “All the three hospitals are to blame for the child’s death, nobody treated him on time.”
Chief Medical Officer Budgam, Dr Tajamul Khan told Good Morning Kashmir, “the child was taken to ENT OPD district hospital Budgam where he was examined by the specialist and was advised for an X-ray.”
“The X-Ray revealed the presence of a foreign body. They were quickly referred to JVC Srinagar for further treatment, but by the time Ambulance could reach them they left in their own vehicle to JVC,” he said. Meanwhile, the deceased has been identified as Shadad Ali son Ali Muhammad, age two years, a resident Waterwani.